Total Pageviews

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

A new journey starts

Chef Patron..mmm, savour the words. The ink is just dry on the contract for Hotel Provence in Mölle, (Skåne). Sometimes in life you just have to follow the feeling in your guts. I've always wanted a hotel and now we are about to embark on a very exiting journey, where it will end I've no idea, with a star? or a tear?
 Now the real work starts, the planning of a menu, stocking a wine cellar, paintings to hang, new stove (gas this time), the list is endless and mostly fun.

The real challenge will be in keeping Hamnköket running at the same high standard, but then we have an excellent team. (I teach them young as Gurra will tell you). I have faith in them and once I've had the operation to saw myself in half, I'll be in both places with two wooden spoons.
On top of all this I'm still managing to write 1000 words a day on my novel. I picked up Stephen Kings book "A memoir of the Craft." It gave me a huge whoosh of inspiration, so since January it's been my bible and carrot.
As I write the temperature is minus twenty six. There is a strange metallic clinking noise outside my window. It's the monkeys..(ie brass balls). Duhh. EvenThe hardy Swedes are cursing the Russians for the temperature drop and ice in their beards. There is a rumour that its going to get warmer in June.



So, my faithful blogg followers (2) that is my new years news and I threaten to pen another couple of paragraphs before the month ends. Go well and go safe.
Oh.. before I go, I saw George Clooney in Descendants while I was in Stockholm. I give it a class 5 rating, Brilliant film. Especially for anyone with a couple of teenagers.
We should soon have a promo of our food series edited, so there is something to look forward to on a cold winters night, HA.

No comments: