Last night in Luleå before the long drive south. I hear the snow drops are ready to welcome us in Skåne. But I'll be back in a week or two. This monumental decision to open the hotel in Mölle seemed a great idea back in January, now I'm starting to be a bit nervous. Not for the cooking, that I'm really looking forward too, but its the paper work and the actual getting the whole thing up and running. This Saturday night and the whole hotel is booked! I can't believe it. We're not even supposed to be open until Easter, so I'm practising my John Cleese impression, and those who know me, it means I don't have to practise very much. Someone should warn the poor guests. We will be filming the trip south, just in case we come over some road kill I can use for a stock. I wonder if that's legal? Squirrel soup with moose lardons. An inventive dish more muscular than molecular gastronomy. Talking of menus, I still have to write mine. But that's the fun part and then of course the matching of the wines. No joking aside, the excitement is rising and the team can't wait to get rid of me, they've already ordered a new microwave and furtively looking at recipes that can gain them a star. Talking of which, no mention in any bibles this year, so that means some hard work ahead to change that. Skåne won't know what has hit them when the Dragon lands breathing fire and crunching mussels. Yehaaaa, here we come!


No comments:
Post a Comment